Tuesday, May 22, 2007

A piece of my heart

So, here I am in Russia. The monument behind me is for sailors who fought in WWII. It's about five minutes away from my apartment. I am having a great time here. It hardly seems like a week has passed. It seems almost like I've always been here. I love eastern Europe, there is definitely a piece of my heart that will be always be here. Here are a couple pictures that are just a glimpse of the things I've seen so far here:

This is a church near the monument to Peter the Great.















This church is called "spas na krovi" or saved by the spilled blood.




















Here is one room in the Hermitage museum.

4 comments:

Stephen said...

It's gorgeous. I've always found an appeal I can't explain to the architecture of the Russian churches.

AttemptingthePath said...

The one we went to get thai food with. how's life?

-L- said...

Did you go to the summer palace? With all the fountains? That, and the Hermitage were my two favorite parts of St. Petersburg.

Anonymous said...

Hello!
I came by your blog today for the very first time. I've never been able to understand the passion that some have for blogging but I love reading stuff that awakens the mind and inflames the imagination. I think yours is an admirable blog and reading this post and through your archives was interesting. I couldn't resist the temptation to do just that. The more scope it gave to my mind although I was hoping to read and leave quietly without surprising you with any comment. Perhaps you will be inviting me back sometime if you think a counter visit is worth one infringement of your normal routine? I'll look out for your arrival. Until then, take care.

btw: have you seen or read the master and margarita?

 

Blog Template by YummyLolly.com